Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Best birthday ever

25 years ago today I gave myself the best birthday present ever.  I didn't know how smart I was at the time.  I felt lucky actually.  I couldn't get over the fact that I somehow landed the most wonderful, handsome, perfect person for me.  It seemed as if he stooped low by marrying me.  I'm not trying to sound like I'm fishing for someone to say I was indeed good enough,  that is truly exactly how I felt at that time, unworthy.  I couldn't understand why Tom loved and chose me.   Sometimes I still wonder that on a much smaller scale.  I am a much more confident person now.  Tom has made me that way.  He has made me feel as if I am the center of his life and that being together is the only way he can breathe.  I know I feel that way myself.  We are like mashed potatoes and gravy.  We go together.  (I really love mashed potatoes and gravy)  We balance each other.  He is level headed and practical, I like to fly by the seat of my pants.  He likes oatmeal for breakfast, I like Fruity Pebbles.  He likes jazz, and I am hopelessly stuck in the 80's with Duran Duran and INXS.  I love being married.  To Tom.  He rocks my world.
I got married on my 20th birthday 25 years ago today.  BEST BIRTHDAY EVER.  Oh, and by the way Tom- Happy Anniversary!

3 comments:

Madison said...

I love your bouquet, Mom. It's really cool. Also, I look like you.

morgan said...

hehe. Madison does look like you.
Parents, you both look great.

sayfuzzypickles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.