Sunday, April 3, 2011

Merry Christmas

I just wanted to show you the picture I considered sending out for our family Christmas card last December.  I really like the homey warmth of it all.  Except snow isn't very warm.  And I took this picture this morning!  And it was 70 degrees yesterday!  

photo courtesy of Tom

photo courtesy of Tom

Oh how lovely was the morning.

Really it was a lovely morning


The cat at least enjoyed it for a second.  We tried to get Cookie to go potty and all she would do was stare at us forlornly from the back porch.  She refused to budge.

"But I don't want to go out, I'd rather pee on the carpet downstairs!"
 Alas, all was not lost to the blizzard outside.  To ease my troubled heart I made these sinful little morsels called, Donut Muffins.  If I see any recipe that has the word donut in it, I have to make it.  If it was called Donut Lasagne, I'd probably make that too.  They were delicious and gone in about 3 and a half minutes.

5 comments:

me and the boys said...

I love your pictures!! Wasn't that just amazing...as I'm looking out the window at the blizzard happening right now...again. What a change from yesterday. I am so going to try those donut muffins--who knows, my boys might even like them. Yum!

Taryn and the boys said...

i can't believe it! it's amazing that it's still like that there. i think i'm only coming in the summers from now on. texas is getting to me.

Maryanne said...

For some reason I feel depressed after looking at these pictures. Snow in April - Booooo!!!

Kelly said...

Your house photo covered in snow is so gorgeous. I can't believe it just snowed there though! Tell Tom he did a nice job on the other photos too. So did Cookie end up going on the carpet? Those donut muffins look tasty!

Kris said...

Seriously, I have about had it with this weather. BLEAH! Bring on the tulips and daffs!
OH, I really wanted to see your mosaic on Sunday, but alas, you weren't home.