Tuesday, March 22, 2011

track break


 My beloved 5th born is on track break for three weeks.  
Imagine my curiosity yesterday when I heard these gut wrenching sobs coming from upstairs out of the mouth of my precious 9 1/2 year old

 "Why are you taking pictures of me mom while I am crying?"
 uh huh, he is in 4th grade.
 Earlier I heard him laughing and screaming, having a ball and then the sound of a vacuum filled the airways.  I was a little worried, but he is almost 10 years old, remember? What harm could be done?
 "I've made the biggest mess in the world and I am the most horrible kid and you are going to be so mad at me!"
Styrofoam is a staticky nightmare, fyi. It will find something to attach itself onto.  This morning I was digging it out of the cracks between the wood planks of my heart pine floor.
 I wish I would have taken an aerial view of the mess.  These pictures do no justice.  He not only played in the Styrofoam peanuts, he crushed them.  They were all over the walls, floors, and furniture in my whole house.  
Notice the black handle in the box?  It's a shovel. This activity must have been super fun

The crushed peanuts were even all over my dog.  This is the cleaned up version of Cookie.  She enjoys attention and I am sure loved it when he put her in the box and closed the lid.  Maybe the reason the micro pieces were all over the walls is because she had to shake to get them to come off.


I suppose I should have been more cautious because three hours prior to this incident I found him in the garage crushing his Bakugan toys with a vice grip and hammer.

These toys are not cheap.


This is what they look like before they are smashed:
When you place the ball on the card, it pops open.  It's such a cute toy.  Why would anyone want to crush one of these?  
I guess it's the boredom of being home, hour four of your 90 hour break from school.

This was day one of the three week track break.  I wonder what tricks will be up his sleeve for the remaining 14 days home from school?

4 comments:

Lynette M. said...

I can't even type, Im laughing so hard! Ill bet that was so fun to play in! I know how hard those are to clean up and I am so sorry for you! Thanks for making my night!

Kelly said...

Me too!!! I was cracking up so badly. "I am the worst kid in the world and I've made the biggest mess!" Hilarious. So at least he knew he had to attempt to clean it up before you saw it.

Hey, I'll bet you can guess why he thought busting up perfectly good toys seemed like a good idea, considering his mom, dad, and sister recently wreaked havoc on some beautiful, functional plates, just for the sake of an adventure and the art of it! Ha ha!

Enjoy your vacation! Maybe he can go visit the library soon.

Maryanne said...

After you told me about the Bakugans I was thinking the exact same thing!! Breaking plates, breaking Bakugans. I think there may be a serious connection there.

At least this whole experience gave you something funny to blog about. ;)

me and the boys said...

I'm laughing so hard because I just got on to blog about our first 2 hours of off-track this week with Will, but before I do that I have to check out what's going on in everyone else's life. Ours isn't quite that dramatic, but still, it's a pain in the tooshie!! I'll get around to writing about it sometime today...after my shower and a trip to the library. Oh, and the donut shop. :)