My boy is a missionary. He's 19 years old. That's what a lot of young men do around these parts. They serve missions. It's part of what we believe, it's part of who we are as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It's all a choice you know. We didn't make him go, he chose to go. He didn't pick where he went, he was asked and he said yes. I'm sure when you get asked to go to Denmark, however, it's probably not too difficult to say "yes" ;)
I didn't include the picture of me sobbing hysterically as I hugged him goodbye, I thought I would spare you the details. Plus, I didn't like the way I did my hair that day, I gotta keep up impressions you know.
I am proud of Nathaniel for his sacrifice he is making to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Denmark. I'm sure it is no easy thing, to give up all the things you are used to and love. To leave his girl, hangin' out with friends, music, school, money, freedom, sleeping in until whenever, my home-cooked meals. His letters he has sent us thus far have been nothing but positive and enthusiastic. He is so content and happy with his life right now and I see my boy turning into a man already, in just 3 short months. God be with you, til we meet again Nathaniel.
![]() |
| photo by Tom |
| one last hurrah at Mimi's |
The following pictures were taken on June 20th, the day Nathaniel reported to the MTC.
Imagine how cute it was when I woke up and there my boy was, dressed in his suit and tie ready to go at 7:30 a.m. We were not scheduled to leave until 12:00.
I'm sure this height difference will be a little less pronounced in two years' time.
| MTC entrance |
I didn't include the picture of me sobbing hysterically as I hugged him goodbye, I thought I would spare you the details. Plus, I didn't like the way I did my hair that day, I gotta keep up impressions you know.
I am proud of Nathaniel for his sacrifice he is making to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Denmark. I'm sure it is no easy thing, to give up all the things you are used to and love. To leave his girl, hangin' out with friends, music, school, money, freedom, sleeping in until whenever, my home-cooked meals. His letters he has sent us thus far have been nothing but positive and enthusiastic. He is so content and happy with his life right now and I see my boy turning into a man already, in just 3 short months. God be with you, til we meet again Nathaniel.

1 comment:
Come on, post the bad hair day picture! Ha ha! I loved this post. He looks so handsome. We've been bad at blogging and we should both get back to it because these are so wonderful to read as journals. Instagram has sort of robbed our blogs, but we should get with it!
I just looked at all that I have of Isaac's life, and Hannah's, and it's sad that I don't have much to say on my blog! I hope to change that.
Post a Comment