You have three guesses as to what this is before you scroll down.
1.
2.
3.
Okay, stop laughing. STOP! I visited an estate sale and this pretty little nightmare of a lamp called out to me. It's PURPLE, people, I couldn't NOT get it. I felt sorry for it. It was sitting in the very back of the house on the toilet for heaven's sake! There were so many people at the sale grabbing stuff before anyone else could. As I frantically searched for a treasure suited just for me, I happened upon a little bathroom tucked away and off the beaten path. I peeked in and Voila, hidden away in the bathroom sat this ruffled Bad Idea all by itself. I fell in love instantly. I know it is hideous, tacky, dusty, and large, I KNOW. My practical side told me to get it because I knew a find like this could never be had again. And so I did. When I walked through the house to make my purchase several people snickered and teased me, but I didn't care. I held my head high and layed down fifteen bucks for this beauty. And now she adorns my nightstand in all her glory. I later informed my cousin Connie, who appreciates all things purple, and she told me it's risky to own something like this. I thought to myself that it's okay, some things are worth the risk. Last night as I turned in for the night and glanced at my treasure, I smiled, thought of how lucky I was, and went to sleep.
4 comments:
I love your love for all things purple! It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round... :)
That is now what I will call "Fuzzy Pickles Style"! I like that you have the guts to love it and use it...no matter what other's think. That just might happen with my new "chandelier". 16 mason jars hang from it. (Pottery Barn)
It is pretty tacky! Ha ha! But I'm glad you love it, sis! I'm curious what the risk factor is...that it's got germs from unknown places or what? That might be freaky if you think about it. I'm glad it made your day!
I actually think it went to a very deserving, thoughtful and loving home. I know the owner will treasure this and tell the story over and over with joy and a smile from ear to ear. I am a fan of treasures that are found off of the beaten path and are rarely found when looking. I'd rather have a one of a kind than a million of one. Kind of like our friendship. You are unique and rare and highly valuable to me...kisses!
Post a Comment